HydroPearl® are PEG (polyethylene glycol), biocompatible, compressible, non-drug-loadable and precisely calibrated embolization microspheres. Available in a wide, color-coded range of sizes.
AZUR Peripheral Embolization
Terumo combines unique technology with innovative design to provide a full portfolio of peripheral embolization coils. AZUR is the only peripheral embolization coil with patented Hydrogel technology.
AZUR HydroCoils swell four to five times in size, once in contact with blood*. AZUR delivers superior filling volume and packing density unlike any other peripheral embolization coil.1,2
AZUR CX pairs a cross sectional complex shape with Terumo patented hydrogel technology on the inside of the coil to provide a soft feel.
AZUR Framing Coils are complex-shaped, bare platinum coils that provide framework for aneurysms and vessel occlusions.
Terumo Interventional YouTube Channel
Endovascular coiling, or endovascular embolization is a nonsurgical, minimally invasive, endovascular procedure performed to treat an aneurysm or prevent blood flow to targeted vessels within the body by occluding the vessel.
Embolization may be a treatment for the following procedures…
- Arteriovenous malformation (AVM)
- Pre-SIRT (Selective Internal Radiation Therapy) / Y90
- Transarterial Chemoembolization (TACE)
- Malignant Tumors / Portal Vein Embolizations (PVE)
- Pre-EVAR (Hypogastrics)
- Peripheral Aneurysms
- Vascular Anomalies (PAVM)
- PV Hemorrhage/Trauma
- Pelvic Congestion Syndrome (PCS)
- Ding YH, Dai D, Lewis DA, Cloft HJ, Kallmes DF. Angiographic and histologic analysis of experimental aneurysms embolized with platinum coils, Matrix, and HydroCoil. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2005 Aug;26(7):1757-63. (animal study)
- Fanning NF, Berentei Z, Brennan PR, Thornton J. HydroCoil as an adjuvant to bare platinum coil treatment of 100 cerebral aneurysms. Neuroradiology. 2006; DOI 10.1007/s00234-006-0166-0. (in-vivo study)
* As described in the IFU: The AZUR coil has an outer layer consisting of a hydrophilic polymer. As a result, the secondary coil diameter (dimension ‘A’ on the package label)will increase by approximately 0.5 mm following full hydration (approx. 20 minutes).